Creating a starter WordPress Site on Azure is incredibly simple, and takes very little time. This guide is how to create such a site, and will not cover configuration of WordPress itself.
- You have a Microsoft account with Azure access
- From https://portal.azure.com, click the “plus” icon, and enter “wordpress” into the search. This will search through the Azure Marketplace, and should result in an official option for WordPress.
- Select the WordPress option and you will be provided a form to configure the new solution. This includes
- Setting the App name (original website url, default is a subdomain off of azurewebsites.net)
- Setting Subscription (how you’ll be billed)
- A resource group (used for grouping projects in Azure)
- A database provider
- Simply hit create and it will begin creating your site for you.
- After the site has finished deploying, you will need to run through the usual WordPress setup, where you define your primary administrative user and password.